Welcome to the Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience
Clinical Research Center (HPN CRC)
Be part of global API (Alzheimer's Prevention Initiative) to receive FREE genetic testing for Alzheimer's risk genes available to all eligible HI residents call the Clinical Research Center (808) 564-6141.
Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience Clinical Research Center (CRC) proven model, and combined years of experience affords us the ability to provide Hawaii patients with groundbreaking new neuroscience treatment options.
Our staff includes 8 fulltime Investigators, 5 dedicated full-time research staff and over 10 administrative support staff with Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Business Development, Recruitment Specialists. CRC has an active database of over 20,000 subjects and growing. Principal Investigator Kore Liow, MD, an NIH trained research neurologist has served as PI for over 20 years for more than 100 phase I through IV neuroscience clinical trials funded by NIH, CDC, and the industry and published over 40 peer-reviewed scientific neuroscience articles.
Dr. Kore Kai Liow is a board-certified neurologist with over 20 years of clinical research experience. He has personally served as the PI for over 100 Phase I-IV neuroscience clinical trials. His research has been published in over 40 peer-reviewed publications and has received the “Honolulu Top Doctors” award in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- 20 exam rooms
- 2 dedicated research/monitor rooms
- 24 hour/day staffed phase I overnight unit
- AASM (American Academy of Sleep Medicine) Accredited 4-bed overnight Sleep Laboratory
- 4 Bed Video-EEG Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- Licensed and experienced staff for IV Infusion and PK studies
- Experienced and approved raters for Neurologic and Cognitive ratings
- On-site EEG and Video-EEG
- On-site EMG
- On-site ECG machine(s)
- On-site Radiology Dept. / MRI Machine
- On-site Neuroradiology expertise including Fluoroscopic Spinal Tap/LP capabilities
- Accredited Local Laboratory
- Blood Pressure devices
- -20C freezer
- Ambient temperature centrifuge
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- High-Speed Internet included in the monitor rooms
- Study-dedicated fax machine
- Locked/secure Drug storage that is temperature controlled and monitored daily
- Equipped with emergency resuscitation equipment
- Staff is IATA certified
- Experience with the use of Central laboratories
- Facility for long-term storage of files for completed studies
- Ongoing GCP training