MS, Neuroimmunology & Vaccine Center
The MS and Neuroimmunology Center at Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience cares for more MS patients than any other centers in Hawaii and is the first (and only) Comprehensive Care center in the state working with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The center is a leading participant in MS and Neuroimmonology clinical trials including Vaccine research.
The Vaccine Research Unit aims to promote research and educational activities related to immunology especially neuroimmunology as it relates to basic, translational and clinical vaccine research as relevant to the Pacific Regions and populations. The center focuses on investigating various vaccines against neurodegenerative and infectious diseases. Our team collaborate closely with international and national leaders in this field to ensure that development of future vaccines includes diverse population especially the Hawaiian Pacific Island population. On-going close collaborations with scientists, researchers from international institutions as well as local institutions including department of quantitative health, biostatistics, department of Native Hawaiian Health at University of Hawaii John Burns School of Medicine.
Combining the spirit of Aloha with state of the art scientific care, the center provides care for mind, spirit, and body.
- Neurological evaluation
- Neurologic and close medical monitoring for adverse effects and issues
- Onsite Diagnostic services including onsite MRI, CT, Labs, Floro XRay for CSF Sampling
- Disease-modifying therapy, including an Infusion unit
- Expert symptomatic care, including
- Botox for spasticity
- Center for sleep disorders
- Palliative care
- Access to nutrition counseling and general wellness
- Neuralgic pain care, including access to medical and surgical treatment for trigeminal neuralgia
- Clinical trials
- Cognitive assessments
We are committed to improving the overall well being of our patients. We stress increasing independence, timely intervention, prevention, and education.