Our fully integrated multidisciplinary neuroscience center helps to improve the lives of people with neurological conditions through excellence in clinical practice, education, research and compassionate patient care.
Our Honolulu based facility is located on the campus of St Francis Hospital on Liliha Street, Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience is just 15 minutes from Honolulu International Airport. Within our inviting, patient-centered environment, patients have easy access to a full range of state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures and services. In addition to General Neurological Evaluations, we also offer the following multidisciplinary sub-specialty clinics with interdisciplinary specialists trained in this specific field.
Currently, we are looking for a Clinical Research Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant at Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience at our Honolulu, HI location. Your responsibilities will be to draw quality blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. You will play an important role as you will have direct contact with patients and create an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. Your responsibilities will also include assisting the research coordinators in conducting clinical trials. This position requires an extremely detail-oriented, well-organized individual who is able to multi-task.
● Collecting specimens according to established procedures.
● Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
● Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
● Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
● Perform clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
● Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
● Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
● Phlebotomy, Infusion experience is a plus
● Specimen processing (blood, urine, etc)
● Vital signs, ECGs
● Administering questionnaires
● Gathering medical history and medication lists
● Scanning and filing
● This position requires an extremely detail-oriented, well-organized individual who is able to multi-task.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Detail oriented and detailed documentation is a must.
● Handling shipments and study product.
● Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision at times.
● Computer knowledge of EDC, Microsoft Office, IVRS/IWRS.
● Previous Clinical Research experience preferred, RMA or LPN.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Job Type: Full-time
● Phlebotomy: 1 year, IV Medication Administration experience is a plus.
● Certified Phlebotomy Technician